Saturday, November 29, 2008

What better way to spend a Saturday morning than sale-ing?

Yes - one of my true passions in life. Garage sale-ing... or yard-sale-ing for you American gals. I lurve it! So many bargains, and so little space in my car to fit it all.

So this is 2 x dinner sets, and 4 water glasses. In really good condition. Relatively new and beautiful colours - for $5... yes, you read right - $5. What a bargain! My dinner set consists of a brown stoneware set my parents were given as a wedding gift. Certainly not pretty or dinner-party worthy. But these pretties on the other hand... Bewdiful!


Then we have the filing trays - already being put to good use, for that ever growing collection of art supplies. A girl can never have enough storage vessels, trays, containers and jars.











Then there is the box of House & Garden magazines -predominantly 1990s editions - for FREE. Yes a whole summer's worth of reading, ready for tearing up and creating interesting and colourful envelopes.




And a vintage suitcase and distressed picture frame.








A lovely set of cutlery. I don't know how many pieces. But it was heavy and curvy and elegant, and beats the el-cheapo set I bought at Ikea when I first moved out of home some 7 years ago.









And a sweet little teapot for all of a $1. But I think this might get sold at the market stall tomorrow. Will have to think on that one.




Then there was the garage sale to make a girl cringe. Yes, I rock up at this quaint little cottage home, with daisy bushes and an arbour out the front. Lovely picket fence and a shipping container on the front verge. I wander into the frontyard and am met by my old boss - yes, another dragon lady that I didn't particular like. She is a canadian lady who is returning to Canada (not a minute too soon - ... did I say that outloud?) So I couldn't really turn around and hightail out of there. So I had to politely wander through her stuff. And to make matters worse, it was reasonably priced and quite a few bargains to be had. Typical! So I had to buy this neat little collection of things. The fabric covered box - don't know what that was meant to be. But I liked the fabric, and figure I can take a crack at making into something. Oh well - can't go wrong for $1.


Had a very successful market stall today. Will post about this tomorrow me thinks.

4 comments:

Kari said...

It always seems that right about the time I'm in the garage-saling mood, they dry up and hide for the winter. Come spring, I'm ready to get rid of my own stuff, and I don't want theirs anymore. I should live in Australia for that reason alone, eh?

Kimberly said...

well, look at you getting some great stuff! those plates are beautiful!

just thought i'd say hello. it's been a while. so........hi! :)

and dude. those mags are doing to make AWESOME envelopes!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I'm ready for the next instalment!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hit the wrong button. I'm not anonymous. Its your mother