When I received my gift - it didn't take long to realise it contained a coffee mug - one of those gifts that someone gets you when they have no idea what to get or don't know you that well. But I was pleasantly surprised - there was a recipe to go with it - a 5 minute chocolate mug cake. I was intrigued. So... nothing else to do but try it out - and it is great. It makes enough to feed two (if you are feeling virtuous) or one, if you are feeling a bit decadent or better still, no-one is watching. What a fantastic gift idea!
So if you want to have a crack at making it yourself, here is the recipe below:
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablepoons SR flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a place if desired.
EAT!
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all ony 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
I had my interview today for the scholarship I've applied for, in order to complete the teaching course I'm hoping to do next year. I think it went alright - too hard to tell. I mean how am I meant to know, having never done it before, how I would handle disruptive students within a
classroom setting??? I'm sure there will be plenty of people to provide advice, and fingers crossed I said all the right things. You primary teachers probably have a few tips up your sleeve.
5 comments:
yum, aunty pam emailed me that recipe too, but i don't have a microwave and i'm wondering if it would work in the oven? whaddayareckon clare?
(ps your blog is the best fun to read because i do so in the thickest aussie accent in my head imaginable)
love that cake recipe Clare, what a fab idea, and I'm sure you blitzed your interview ... lots of love to you and your little pumpkin x
clare, the recipe is well and good, but WHY THE TWEETIE BIRD MUG? DEAR GOD, WHY?????
I know, I know, I know.... Who would buy something like that! Maybe it was their Secret Santa gift from last year. The never-ending secret santa... must remember that for my unwanted gift stash.
Sling shot. The answer is "sling shot." Oh, I do hope that you guessed correctly.
Post a Comment