Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love this time of year....

... the tiniest hint of spring is in the air. Some of the trees are just starting to bud and get blossom. Will try and take some photos this week so you can see just exactly what I mean.

So how is my little project coming along...? Bit by bit. Have started doing a walk-around before I go to bed, turning appliances off at the power point. I'm really not all that good at energy conservation - I have a tendancy to have too many lights on and leave things on standby. So am actively trying to improve on this. Was horrified to start with at how many power points I would turn off each night, but it is getting better. Just a few now to remember.



Am loving having like-minded friends who I can exchange produce from my garden with. It provides a great deal more variety to my cooking and forces me to think outside the square when coming up with ideas for meals. Tonight I picked up some of the HUGEST silverbeet that I'd ever seen. This stuff grows wild in my friend Matt's garden. There is literally little silverbeet plants coming up in the lawn and in all his garden beds. They are every colour and size from red, purple, orange and pink through to yellow and standard white.

No comments: