6. My family of guard ducks keeping a watchful eye over my front door.
7. Seaweed tonic bringing my lemonade tree back to life. I've tried to kill this (unintentionally) several times in the 2 years that I've had it. Firstly I stuck it in the ground in a VERY wet section of the garden. It struggled on, turned yellow and needed to be put on life-support. Then I put it in a pot and it started to flourish. Until the snail invasion began and ate all of its new growth. Then I forgot to water it! Yes - I don't deserve this lemonade tree. So, now that it has been resurrected (again!) I promise that any fruit it may bear, I will savour with all my being.
8. Christmas presents that keep coming (cause Father Christmas lost it before Christmas Day, so couldn't put it in my stocking - thanks Mum - I love it!)
9. Pancakes with maple syrup from my new non-stick frypan.
10. My (nearly 91 yr old) Gran, who delivered my frypan on the bus today. I left it at my parents' place after Christmas, and so Gran kindly carried it with her on her way from Denmark to Perth (the long way round - 9hrs and 500km). Fortunately the lunch stop on the trip was made in Manjimup, so I was able to meet her to collect it. My Gran is a true character, in every sense of the word. She frustrates all of us to no end, but we all love her dearly, and know there is a bit of Gran Zilko in all of us.
2 comments:
Love this one...you have obviously been doing a lot of thinking....solitude is good for the soul sometimes....
i hope you keep going with this, it's lovely & uplifting (especially for those of us who are not noticing some of the little things right now.) Your Gran sounds like mine! :-)lovely photo of her.
Post a Comment